Stop looking for the remote when your phone rings! Just say “Alexa, ask Quick Remote to pause the TV”.
Quick Remote helps you control your Roku with voice commands! Play or pause the movie. Rewind or fast forward your favorite shows. Start Netflix or CBS News channel. Navigate Roku’s menu by saying go left, right or select!
It can follow multiple commands at once and also control multiple Rokus! You can even ask for it to wait for your next command.
This iOS app works with Quick Remote Skill in the following Alexa powered devices from Amazon:
• Amazon Echo
• Amazon Tap
• Echo Dot
• Echo Show
• Echo Look
• Amazon Dash Wand With Alexa
No hub or additional hardware required! You will never touch the Roku remote again!!
IMPORTANT – TO CONTROL YOUR ROKU FROM ALEXA:
1. Enable Notifications for this app in Settings
2. Enable ‘Background App Refresh’ in Settings
3. Do not force-quit this app, instead press the home key to close it
4. Plug in your iOS device if the remote stops working because some devices delay push notifications to save battery.
In Amazon Alexa app or alexa.amazon.com:
• Enable the Quick Remote skill
• Link to Quick Remote using your Amazon account
• Using ‘Login with Amazon’ your email will only be used to link with the mobile app
In your iPhone/iPad:
• Install this app in your iOS device
• Connect your phone to the same Wi-Fi network as your Roku device
• Select the Roku device you want to control in the devices menu
• Login with Amazon using the same account as your Alexa app — your email will only be used for linking
Back at your Alexa device:
• Say “Alexa, ask Quick Remote to pause the TV” — voila! your Roku will do as you say!
• Say “Alexa, ask Quick Remote to go home, right, down and select” — it will follow multiple commands at once!
• Say “Alexa, ask Quick Remote to start Netflix and wait” — it will start a channel and wait for your next command!
• Say “Alexa, ask Quick Remote to switch to Family Room Roku” — it will even control multiple Rokus!
The free version has a limit of 50 commands per calendar month. Upgrade to Full Pass subscription to use Quick Remote without limits!
IMPORTANT AUTO-RENEWABLE SUBSCRIPTION INFORMATION:
• Full Pass subscription is auto-renewable either monthly or yearly and come with one week free trial
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
• Manage subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to the Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of the one week free trial period will be forfeited upon purchase of subscription