Light Pollution Map allows you to easily locate dark sky locations where the sky will not be affected by light pollution, allowing the best observance, star gazing, and photography of the night sky! But it’s not just a light pollution map. There’s so much more, such as aurora borealis live viewing map, meteor shower alerts, super moon alerts, lunar eclipse alerts, moon phases and info, aurora and magnetic field information, international space station tracker, and a lot more! Light Pollution Map will help you master the night sky..
List of all features:
• Highly accurate, customizable and interactive light pollution map to find dark sky viewing locations near you.
• See live aurora borealis information such as KP value, magnetic field information, and more for the hardcore aurora chaser.
• Live aurora borealis visibility map for northern and southern hemisphere, with additional timelapse options.
• Aurora information widgets (today widget).
• ISS Tracker with live updates about the international space station including the location, visibility, velocity, altitude, and more.
• Night sky event calendar allows you to find dates for lunar eclipses, super moons, and meteor showers.
• Live images of the Sun via NASA’s Solar and Heliospheric Observatory.
• Darkness countdown timer until the darkest period of night so you know when the night sky will be the darkest. Also let you know when it starts getting light outside.
• Astronomy photo of the day directly from NASA! A new one every day to look at!
• Local temperature indicator to know if you need to bring a sweater before you even step outside.
• Local cloud coverage indicator to know if you will be able to see anything before you step outside.
• Cloud cover overlay on the main map to find clear sky locations at night.
• Settings to customize the app.
• Moon information such as moon phase, moon rise, and moon set times, days of next full moon and new moon, etc.
• Moon direction tool which allows you to find where the moon will be, at any time, any date, for any location.
• Enable a horizon safe radius circle to avoid light pollution from nearby cities on the map.
• Local Aurora Borealis (Northern/Southern Lights) alerts and push notifications.
• Global Aurora Borealis Activity alerts and push notifications.
• Meteor shower alerts and push notifications.
• Super moon alerts and push notifications.
• Lunar eclipse alerts and push notifications.
• Save and load your favorite dark sky locations.
• Navigate to your saved locations using the Apple Maps app.
Some features above require an optional in-app purchase to upgrade to the pro version. Every purchase helps us to continue running and developing the app and is much appreciated.
Note: Light Pollution Map loads data online. Internet connection or wifi is required, and we are not responsible for any data usage chargers from your provider.